The Southaven (MS) Alumni Chapter Guide Right Initiatives are designed to provide service to our fellow man. This area includes such committees as Community Service, NPHC Involvement, and Guide Right.
Guide Right is the cornerstone for many of the programs, but the service extends to so many areas in order to serve our community.
Annual Service Projects:
- St. Jude Sunday of Hope–Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc has adopted the Sunday of Hope program for St. Jude to help raise funds for the hospital. The Southaven (MS) Alumni Chapter works closely with Brown Missionary Baptist Church and the community to host a Sunday of Hope throughout the year. With amazing outpours of love and commitment this program continues raise funds for the children battling sickle cell, cancers and other catastrophic diseases at St. Jude.
- Kappa Leadership League program – This initiative is designed with implemented programming to address the male crisis that is impacting our youth while providing mentorship to young men from grade-level of 7th-12th grade.
- HeartLand Hands, Inc Food Pantry– The Southaven (MS) Alumni Chapter is partnered with HeartLand Hands, Inc Food Pantry. Their mission is to strengthen the Southaven community by providing food assistance to residents of North Mississippi. Our facilities are provided through our partnership with HeartLand Church. No cost is ever accessed to the client. Since opening their doors, they have reached over 34,800 family visits where grocery baskets (valued at over $500) are distributed to each family. The brothers of Southaven (MS) Alumni ascended on board this project and dedicated themselves to continue to inspire service in the public interest.
- Adopt-A-School– In accordance with the initiative of Training for Leadership and Mentoring, The Southaven (MS) Alumni Chapter has engaged with local schools to develop a bond of mentoring and guidance for youth in the area. With a commitment to serving the community, the Chapter has served as mentors, test proctors, and provided charitable gifts for families of students throughout the year.
- Adopt-A-Highway– As a continued display of the commitment to keeping Southaven and the Desoto County Area as beautiful as it can be, the Brothers of the Southaven (MS) Alumni Chapter participate in this program. Along a mile stretch on Highway 302 (Goodman Road), the brothers spend time ensuring the roadways are clear for all those traveling in the area.
- Junior Achievement of the MidSouth–Southaven (MS) Alumni Chapter is very passionate about inspiring children through free enterprise education. Junior Achievement enables caring business professionals and educators within the community to share their experiences with students to show them what it takes to be successful.